I'm back from vacation! I'm refreshed and full of newly found energy. I've decided I would like to make out some fall goals for myself and maybe share some with you as I progress through them. Maybe it will keep me accountable and on track. Pretty soon the time will change and I'll have to spend more time inside after work so this is the time of year that I spend sewing, practicing instruments, and generally being a homemaking nerd.
Personal Fitness Goals:
1. Start to workout more.
Yoga at least three times a week and some sort of aerobic activity twice a week. I used to do yoga six and seven days a week but that was before a 40 hour a week job and a 2 year old. So I'm going to try and be realistic with myself.
2. Continue eating well.
I've gotten myself down to one or two days a week eating out and bringing my lunch the rest of the time. I've pretty much quit stopping to get breakfast on the way and instead have been having a piece of fruit, some toast, or a left over biscuit from the previous night's meal and I can tell a difference. Less carbonated beverages, more water, and less sugar in general.
1. Trendy kimono with fringe.
YES. Must Make STAT!
2. Pullover knit shirts.
I got some fine knit from a great seller on eBay that provided swatches! This is definitely the way to go. I will never ever buy fabric online again without swatches. Sure sign of a quality up and up seller.
3. Maxi dress, maybe 2.
I have a great maxi dress pattern all ready to go, I even made a muslin. Just need to pick a fabric cut and sew.
1. Just get in there and play the piano and have fun. Don't stress about it, don't try to be perfect, just have fun.
2. Sit outside and play the dulcimer. I won't have a hard time with this once the weather cools off.
3. Dear Self, please open that new guitar book you bought.
1. Blog at least three times a week.
2. Write up those lovely long fact filled post I was working on a couple of months ago that are moldering away in my notebook.
3. Bring back Mexican Monday!
And I'm going to let that be it. I have a tendency to schedule too much for myself. I'm not superwoman. I have a limited amount of time during the week, but that doesn't mean I can't get some stuff done. Dear Self, please read that previous sentence several times. Maybe even tattoo it on your forehead.
Do you have any goals you're working on right now? I'd love to hear about them. Later my lovelies!