Foodie Fridays - Applesauce Muffins


Yall, all I can say about this week was I got lazy last week toward the end with the holiday and this week has been all day 8 hours a day in front of the computer at work with very few breaks and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was sit back down in front of the computer to blog.  Next week though, we'll get back after it.  I have a lot of stuff in my draft folder that just needs a little polish and a little shine.

Here's a quick recipe though to take you in to your weekend.  I love to make breakfast on the weekend and if you're looking for a quick muffin recipe this one will do the trick.  It makes a super moist muffin and they are not too sweet, just sweet enough.  My baby loves them and all you need is a little pat of butter in the middle right as they come out of the oven to make them perfect.  Hope you enjoy!



Applesauce Muffins

1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 Cup Applesauce
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon 
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts 

In a bowl cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.  Mix in applesauce.  In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and ground cinnamon, slowly add to creamed mixture 1/2 cup at a time.  Mix well until all dry ingredients are fully incorporated and lastly fold in the nuts.  

Bake in paper lined muffin tins for 20 minutes at 350 degrees until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  

Makes about 1 dozen.  

Have a great weekend my lovelies!

Comments

Popular Posts