End of Season


hickory ridge studio Noxubee County Mississippi

hickory ridge studio Noxubee County Mississippi

hickory ridge studio Noxubee County Mississippi

hickory ridge studio Noxubee County Mississippi

hickory ridge studio Noxubee County Mississippi


I've been doing some writing and research this week for some upcoming posts.  I was very excited to find the answers to some questions and still stumped on some others.  I'm hoping to keep up on the posting schedule I've set for myself this year, but with my coworker out on maternity leave until at least March I'm pretty whooped when I get home at night.  But, I have so many really nice pictures I'm been editing lately I want to share so we'll soldier on.

Last Saturday was a really nice day.  The temp warmed up enough I was able to go ride for a bit and before that I had to go retrieve my ball-cap from a deer stand.  I usually have my camera everywhere I go, within reason, and I had it that day as I was walking into the field.  I found these really unusual dried wild flowers and had to take a picture.  I have no idea what this is.  I spent my childhood learning all about the trees and grasses and flowers on our place in Clay County so that's always been a little interest of mine and not knowing what plant this is is driving me slightly insane. I'm learning about the plants in Noxubee County but I still get stumped from time to time.  If anyone knows what this is, speak up!  I'd love to know.  Hope you all have a great weekend and we'll see ya next week.  Later my lovelies! 

Comments

  1. Not being a native, I have no idea, but the photographs are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm still trying to track down an answer. I've hiked and rode horses in many different parts of the state and this one has me flummoxed.

      Delete
  2. isn't it interesting how different counties, or different places in the same county, can be different worlds altogether? if i had it my way, i would spend my days how you just did, walking though fields taking pictures of flowers and learning about them. but in every township of every county of every state. that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would spend all my days this way. Finding some new plant or flower has always fascinated me. It's a wonder I didn't go into this in school.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts