Spring's last delicate flower....



To me the last delicate flower of spring in Mississippi isn't quite a flower but a tree.  The mimosa tree or the silk tree was introduced to the United States in 1745 and has been cultivated as an ornamental since the 18th century.  In the South, you don't normally "cultivate" this tree as much as tolerate it.  It spreads quickly, can grow in anything, and I've been doing battle with it since I moved to Noxubee County.  As much as I loathe it, I still think it's pretty and can't wait to see the cloud of pink blossoms that seem to explode from the tree overnight.






I hope you've all had a great start to your week, talk to you later!

Comments

  1. Oh this is stunning! We certain don't have anything this vivid and lovely here! Wonderful photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. I didn't do any editing to these at all! That afternoon was just so gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. Growing up in the part of Texas I came from, you did not see a lot of Mimosa trees, and I thought they were so exotic. Beautiful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved mimosas too. The flowers are so exotic like they came from another planet.

      Delete
  3. Oh Lana, thank you for sharing this! I love Mimosas and have one poor thing in my back yard that the oaks are crowding out. They smell so heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts