2016 The Year of Searching For Direction


I've spent the better part of this year on some personal projects for me that will hopefully help me to improve as a blogger, writer, and give me some definite direction for my work.  I've felt a little overwhelmed by the blog lately and feeling like, what am I wanting to accomplish here?  I've been working toward some goals and though I'm closer than I was this time last year I'm still yet so far away.  I read something the other day that really stuck with me and provided a little moment of clarity.  It's an African proverb that says, "Whenever someone dies a great library burns."  And I think that honestly puts into perspective and gives words to my feelings about why I write.  I don't want to leave this world without getting some of that library out of my head and out where others can read it.  This need to document has been a passion of mine for years.  I think that's where my love of photography really comes from.  So I'm going to keep on studying and plotting and planning.  I hope you'll hang on for what I'm working on and working towards.  Time to put all this study to use and get to work!

Hope you're having a great week my lovelies!

Comments

  1. I love this, Lana. I so understand loving photography and writing, and creativity and the desire to contribute and the hope to connect, and the need to make a living and the need to contribute to your profession or discipline. I often wonder how the decisions that are made are made, but I am with you on the writing it down. Put it out to the universe, and the universe will answer (Stuckey, circa 1986).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have so many ideas lately and feel like I just about have a plan together but have hesitated making the jump. Finding that confidence is a little hard. Thanks again.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah. But, then, life is generally hard anyway. Surround yourself with people who support you. It will still be hard, but at least, you have some support. Wishing you the best--whatever you decide that is!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts