Scooba, Mississippi

Scooba, MS Hickory Ridge Studio



Scooba is like a lot of little towns in Mississippi, already on its last legs, and when the four lane came through it all but dried up and blew away.  If it wasn't for East Mississippi Community College there wouldn't be much of anything there at all. The town has a railroad track, a volunteer fire department, a couple of stores, two gas stations, and that's just about it.  I stopped a couple of weeks back on the way home from the vet in De Kalb and snapped a few pics of the once bustling downtown storefronts. 

Scooba, MS Hickory Ridge Studio

Scooba, MS Hickory Ridge Studio


When I have a few more mintues I want to go back, but that day with a sleeping baby and two dachshunds ready to go home I literally left the car running, jumped out for a minute, took a few quick snaps, and was back on the road again. 

I stitched together a panorama, something I haven't done in a while and was pretty happy with how it came out.

Scooba, MS Hickory Ridge Studio

Hope you are having a wonderful week my lovelies, and just remember it's almost Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts