Sometimes you just need some Klimt

Bildnis der Adele Bloch-Bauer 1907

Sometimes you just need something bright and beautiful and bordering on the fine line of tacky.  I discovered Gustav Klimt in college.  Yes there were those posters of "The Kiss" at the bi-annual poster sale at the Student Union, but I actually read a biography of his during college doing research for a paper.  The title of this painting is Bildnis der Adele Bloch-Bauer from 1907.  I really like his earlier works, but they are a little too shall we say bare for me to feel comfortable putting on the blog.  Different people have different ideas of what is acceptable, C'est la vie.  Look it up if you're intersted.  I pulled this image from http://www.klimt.com/.

Hope you are having a good day my lovelies.   

Comments

Popular Posts