Chasing the Light


fall field hickory ridge studio


There's not much I like better in life than riding around in a truck, windows down, sometimes the radio on, just looking.  Looking at crops, looking at cows, looking for old buildings, and chasing the light.  Chasing the glint of sunlight, the golden glow, the soft touch of morning, the last fiery color or evening.

fall field hickory ridge studio

fall field hickory ridge studio

fall field hickory ridge studio

This day the light was gorgeous and I don't know if these pictures really reflect that.  The light was fading and I didn't have time to really think about what I was doing.  It was hurry up, trust your instinct, and grab the camera.  There's not a lot of edit to these, just a little pop of contrast, a little color correction, and that's it.  I had honestly forgotten about these and found them in a folder I am cleaning out of unedited images.  These were taken in the fall some time when it was just starting to cool down and the light has that warm golden glow that I wait all year for.  Just some sage brush.  Just a little light.

fall field hickory ridge studio

And I'll leave you with this quote my lovelies....

"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, 
if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has 
power to move you, if the simple things of nature
have a message that you understand, rejoice,
for your soul is alive." 

- Eleonora Duse 1858-1924
Italian actress



Comments

  1. i knew, i knew at the first picture that these were from the season fall. oh how i love this. So simple and down to earth, yet breathtakingly beautiful. What a lovely thing to see this morning. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful post! I, too, love the light and riding around looking at things. We need to go riding sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts