Summer's Tomatoes

Tomato Bed 2012 Hickory Ridge Studio


This summer we decided to forego our garden because of that little event we had back in April.  *wink*  We did however plant our normal little raised bed of tomatoes.  We normally grow Marion and Atkinson tomatoes and the past two years we have planted a couple of German Queen plants.  These are all heirloom tomatoes and of the three I love the German Queens the best.  We also planted three grape tomato plants.  We had a great year and ended up with of course more than we could eat.  This led to Salsa making, many, many, many tomato sandwiches, and something new...roasted tomatoes!  I have pictures of that little project and wish I had thought to take pictures while I was making the salsa.  That gets a little labor intensive and I forget about documenting.  The plants are just about spent now, and I can't wait for next year when I can have a real garden again.

Grape Tomatoes Hickory Ridge Studio

More Tomatoes Hickory Ridge Studio

Lensbaby tomatoes Hickory Ridge Studio

Lensbaby tomatoes Hickory Ridge Studio

Lensbaby tomatoes Hickory Ridge Studio

Summer Bounty Hickory Ridge Studio
 

Comments

Popular Posts