Foodie Friday - Taco Seasoning Mix

Chili Seasoning Hickory Ridge Studio


If you're ever around me for any length of time you will find out that I love to cook.  I also love cooking from scratch, such making my own seasoning mixes and salad dressings.

Yes I am that big of a food nerd. 

One of my favorite mixes to keep on hand that I use all the time is my Taco Seasoning Mix.  I wrote this down from a website or a cookbook a couple of years ago and forgot to note down where I got it, so if this is your recipe please just let me know and I'll credit you! 

I add this seasoning mix to ground beef for tacos and other Mexican dishes I make.  I will also take chicken tenders and drizzle them with olive oil, rub them down with this mix, and then either bake or sauté the chicken. 

This recipe makes a decent amount of seasoning mix, so you may want to cut the amounts in half and mix up a small batch first.

Taco Seasoning Mix

1 cup Minced Dried Onion
1/2 cup Chili Powder
1/4 cup Garlic Powder
1/4 cup Cumin
2 Tablespoons Oregano
2 Tablespoons Salt
2-3 Tablespoons Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)

Mix together and store in an airtight container.  Use 2-3 tablespoons of mix to 1 pound of meat, or to your taste.       

Comments

Popular Posts