Foodie Fridays - Southwestern Sausage Drop Biscuits


Happy wet, soggy, dreary Friday to you!  Let's have a quick and easy yummy recipe to push the blahs away.

I hate I didn't get this out any sooner, it's one of my go to recipes when my husband says we've been invited to a party and need to take an appetizer.  I'm sure though there are still a couple of football/family/New Year functions that will be attended and if not I'm guilty of making these and eating them for breakfast during the week.  Super simple and a lot less trouble than traditional sausage balls these drop biscuits are delicious and oh so easy.  I found the original recipe online and have tweaked it here and there to fit my taste.  Enjoy!



Southwestern Sausage Drop Biscuits

1 pound of hot or mild sausage cooked and crumbled
1 cup of chopped green onions (optional)
3 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 cup milk
2 cups grated Colby jack cheese
1 can of rotel tomatoes drained (use your favorite kind original, hot, or mild)
Dash of cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine all ingredients, form into two inch balls and place on baking sheets.  I spray my sheets with nonstick spray to prevent any sticking.  I also use a mini ice cream scoop to make my balls of dough, but you could also use two teaspoon just like cookie dough.  

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden.  Serve hot or room temperature.  These keep well for several days (as if they last that long) in an air tight container refrigerated.   

Hope you enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts