Thoughts on Friday

There are so many things going on right now. But I'm not going to talk about any of them. I could tell you about the absolutely horrible morning I had yesterday. 

But I'm not. 

I could give my thoughts and many mixed feelings and emotions about the confederate flag being removed from the capital of South Carolina, how General Nathan Beford Forrest and his wife are being moved from their resting place in Memphis, and how Lee Circle in New Orleans and the Confederate Monument in Birmingham are being treated.  

But I'm not. 

I'm not going to talk about it or give my opinion. That way leads to madness. 

Then there's all the other things right now  about race, religion, equality, being offended, Christanity under fire, and the list goes on and on. There's so much unrest right now it makes my head and my heart hurt. I don't understand why the world has suddenly gone crazy. I don't even watch the news right now on tv. I can't. And anyone that knows what a news junky I am is probably shocked by that statement. On the way to work this quote came to mind and I wanted to share it. Those that follow me in Facebook/Instagram/Twitter have already seen it. 


The world is a hard place to live in right now. I know. Be strong my friends. Be kind to one another. Smile at a stranger and don't be afraid to make a cashier laugh and brighten their day. 

I love you all my lovelies. Have a graciously beautiful Friday and a spectacular weekend. We'll see you next week. 

Comments

  1. oh my goodness. i seriously could cry right now. dear Lana....THIS POST. so beautifully worded, so simply full of perfect truths and heartwarming inspiration, is exactly, EXACTLY what i needed to see today. never stop shining your light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abigail. I'm glad it inspired you as that was what I was hoping for. Thanks again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts