A Week of Recipes - Super Bowl Party Foods




Today's offering is a couple of main dish recipes. Main Dishes don’t have to be a chore and I have three easy stove-top/oven recipes for you - a twist on traditional chicken wings, a soup, and a sandwich.


Asian Braised Drumsticks are relatively easy to make and take only about thirty minutes to cook.  My recipe calls for drumsticks but drummets (the meaty end of the wing) would work just as well.  These would be great served with just some rice or by themselves.  Make them as an alternative choice alongside your favorite spicy wings for the non-spicy lovers in your crowd like me.  


Chicken Tortilla Soup - This recipe is straight from the Pioneer Woman’s website.  I love her food.  This recipe is about as close to perfection as you’re going to get when it comes to this soup.  Take my word for it and try it - it not for Super Bowl Sunday then sometime soon.  



My Philly Steak Sandwiches though not a true Philly Steak Sandwich they have all the flavor of the classic.  Using inexpensive tender cube steak, sauted onions and peppers, and finished off in the oven to melt the cheese and bring everything together what more could you ask for?  I would cook the steak and vegetables before hand and let guests build their sandwich to suit their taste.  Broil off in the oven to reheat, melt the cheese to ooey-gooey perfection, and dig in!

While these are all easy as pie (is pie really easy?) tomorrow I’ll share three favorite crockpot recipes that are standards in my house and so good you can’t go wrong.  Join me tomorrow!




Comments

Popular Posts