Rain. I think we need to break up.

It's raining.

Again.

We had record rain last Thursday and Friday morning.  The weekend was lovely.  Then, last night...

It started raining again and it's STILL raining now.

Enough.  Enough I say!

Cease and desist.

Ok, I have that out of my system.  I'm working on a blog post for tomorrow.  I have pictures all ready and my research but I'm still struggling to get my thoughts out coherently.  (And yes yuck it up that I struggle to be coherent on the best of days.)  I want to give a little history on the building and I want to give my thoughts too so....yea.  Struggling just a little bit.  I think this is one I'm going to have to write out longhand all at one time.  Usually I would do that at lunch, but today I've got to go to the post office.

So until then, let's see some Instagram pictures from the weekend.  My user name if you want to see more is lanalpugh. 



I love playing in the dirt.  I was super excited to finally have my small patio garden ready for plants and seeds!  I will not however divulge how long I have been working on getting this bed ready. 
(I may have initially pulled out the straggling shrubs before Allie was born.)   


Saturday night was taco night!  My husband requested it so I decided to go all out.  Beef tacos with fresh homemade pico de gallo, homemade guacamole, lettuce and cheese, homemade salsa, homemade not from a can refried beans, and saffron rice.  Super, super, super good!  My sink was full of dishes both sides, but who cares!  Yesterday I threw a roast in the crock-pot before church and we had that, black eyed peas, and mac and cheese for supper.  It was just one of those weekends where we didn't feel like going out, the hubby had been on the road all week eating out, so I cooked.  Even more than usual I think because I cooked supper Friday night and breakfast yesterday too.  And yes, there will be no cooking until about Wednesday for me when the hubby gets back in because I have that much left over.  :) 

Have a great day my lovelies!



Comments

  1. Send the rain to Texas...we'll take it! I love Instagram, I'm mysmallthings and talesofwaggingtails. See you there! (I found your blog through Suzzassippi, if you are wondering!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, at this point I'd send you all the rain you would want! Much of the state is under a flood watch right now and I work in a town built on the river and live in another town built on the river. I added you on Instagram and I think I've looked at your blogs too! Love the doxies, I've got two of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts