My Favorite Time of the Year




This is absolutely my favorite time of the year.  Some people get spring fever, I get fall fever.  The mornings are cooler, the humidity finally lets up, and the light in Mississippi is absolutely gorgeous.  The late afternoon light paints everything in a warm yellow glow and even simple weeds in a pasture are beautiful. 

 
Last Friday after work I rode out to check the horses as I usually do.  Everything was so gorgeous I just had to take a few pictures.  I did very little to these pictures, they are pretty much what came out of the camera.



Saturday I’m planning on going to a barrel race in Winona, my first one in a couple of months.  I’m sure I won’t do much, but just getting out of the house and going is an accomplishment.  Allie will be going with me and I always feel like I’m planning a full scale military invasion when we travel to something like this.  I can’t wait when she gets a little bigger.  The list of things I have to take with me for her is dwindling by the day but 18 month old little girls still need a lot of stuff when they go somewhere.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend my lovelies and we’ll see you next week! 


Comments

  1. I agree. Fall is my absolute favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the blistering hot, humid, sticky, icky, no rain, drought stricken summer we've had I'm so happy I can hardly stand it. We'll probably only get about a month of this so I'm living it up while I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite as well. It is like the air is different, the light is different, and there is some kind of magical filter through which I see differently than any other time of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts