Pumpkin Patch Fun

Pumpkins-Hickory-Ridge-Studio
 
It's almost Thanksgiving and I feel like I should post these pictures before time gets away from me.  A few weekends ago I took Allie out to our local pick-it farm or I guess what some people would call a truck farm. 

Lazy-U-Hickory-Ridge-Studio


Lazy U is owned by Myron and Sheila Unruh and all year long you can find seasonal produce, fresh eggs, and some of the nicest people around.  We usually buy things while we are waiting for our own garden to come in, like this summer they had tomatoes before we did and since I didn't get to plant a garden I would go pick up things like squash and zucchini.  I've also bought some of his fresh eggs  too which were the best.

Pumpkins-Hickory-Ridge-StudioDuring the fall they have a corn maze, pumpkins and gourds for sale, hay rides, etc. and host hundreds of local school children giving them a taste of what it's like to live on a farm.  It's fun and Allie and I took a Saturday morning to go see everything.  We looked at the chickens (the girl's like her momma and loves chickens), donkey, quail, and ducks.  We picked up pumpkins, swung on swings, and a nice lady even took our picture.  It was a fun simple thing to do on a Saturday morning and I definitely got a few good pictures out of the deal too.

 
Pumpkins-Hickory-Ridge-Studio


Donkey-Hickory-Ridge-Studio
 

Ducks-Hickory-Ridge-Studio
 

 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 


Lazy U is located right off highway 45 in Macon just follow the signs.  Myron and Sheila have really built something special so if you're in the area go have a look I'm sure you'll have fun. 


 
 

Comments

  1. Love it! Believe me, you will remember those moments the rest of your life, while you will not have a clue what you did at work, or how clean your house was...or was not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had a bunch of other stuff I needed to do that morning, but you know I think this was the better choice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lazy U! We went out there with Central Academy for a Pumpkin Patch day. Sheila didn't schedule any other school so that we could have it all to ourselves that day. So much fun! My boys and I also went to the Haunted Hayride out there during Halloween. It was so much fun! I can now say I've been through a corn maze at night with nothing but a full moon to guide my way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts