Thankful Mondays in November - Post 2

Thankful Mondays in November Hickory Ridge Studio


Today's thankful post is about family.  I am thankful for the family I have and would not trade them for anything.  I'm thankful for my Mom and Dad and for the life they have always given me.  I am an only child and becuase of that I was able to have some things that other kids I know didn't.  I got the opportunity to have horses and show them all over the state and beyond.  I had the opportunity and the support to chase my passion and be competitive and successful doing it.  My mom and dad did not grow up showing horses, though my dad did grow up riding.  They found people who were willing to teach me and took the time to trailer me there and pay the fees for me to have those lessons.  Because of this shared interest I think it made us closer as a family than we would have been otherewise.  Beyond the riding they were always willing to help me learn about the things I was interesed in and loved me exactly how I was/am.  So thank you Mom and Dad for all the miles traveled, the time spent, the frustration, the highs, the lows, the successes and the failures.  Without you life would have been pretty boring. 

(These folks are also the best grandparents ever.  Seriously.  You just wish you had grandparents like them.)

I'm also thankful for my husband.  He's a hardworking man that drives a truck and spends much of his week away from home so he can provide for us.  Both of us work, but he does the heavy lifting.  He cuts the grass, makes sure the vehicles keep rolling, puts up with my weirdness (I'm sure he never really guessed what he was getting into), and loves me because of who I am.  He's a wonderful daddy and Allie lights up as soon as he walks in the door.  The kid loves him, and who wouldn't?  I love ya babe and I'm thankful you're in my life. 

Then there's Allie.  My monkey, my curly headed pumpkin, my baby girl.  She's 19 months old and while she drives me crazy sometimes what would the world be like without her?  (A lot cleaner and more organized for sure.)  I can't wait to watch her grow and love her little personality.  She's a fun little thing and so happy.  I want her to stay that way and will do whatever it takes to keep that beautiful smile on her face.  Look out bullies, momma will get you if you make my baby cry.  I just hope I can teach her what my parents taught me.  I want her to confident and self assured, love to learn, be brave yet wise and pursue the things she loves.  It's going to be a wild ride.  I for sure can't wait. 

There are so many in my family that I'm thankful for that I could just go on and on.  I think family is so important today.  The world gets harder and it's easy to just give up.  Family keeps us grounded, teaches us the skills to cope when things get bad, give us a shoulder to lean on in the hard time, and a person to call when something is just so fabulous you have to share or burst. 

Whatever would we do without them?

Happy Veterean's Day today too!  So many in my family and extended family have severed or are serving now.  Thank you for your sacrifice, because of you we have this country and our freedom. 

Have a wonderful day my lovelies!  

Comments

Popular Posts