Getting to know you.....

Now, who else has that song stuck in their head?  I'm proud to be a part of the Mississippi Women Bloggers network and they had a getting to know you link up a couple of weeks ago and I being a dummy missed it.  After reading the questions though I thought, what the heck, I'll do it anyway.  So here we go............
 

Mississippi Women Bloggers
 
 

1. What part of Mississippi are you from?

I grew up in Clay County about 30 minutes from West Point, MS and have been living in Macon, MS for the past 6 years after I got married.

2. How long have you been blogging?

I've been blogging on and off since I was in college (2003 maybe), and have had my current blog since April 2012.

3. Why did you start blogging?

As a way to share what I was doing with my family and friends, and to share my beautiful state with others.

4. Tell us what we can expect when reading your blog.

I blog about what interests me and what I love. I sew, cook, make jewelry, ride horses, garden, and of course take lots of pictures. I have a BFA from Mississippi State University and love art. I also have a long standing interest in Mississippi history and living in Macon gives me the opportunity to study a lot of Civil War history.

5. What does your blog title mean?

I started this blog when I was at home after having my daughter last year and finally decided that it was time to rebrand my photography business. I started a new Facebook page, this blog, and am putting the finishing touches on my new photography website. To get a cohesive look to everything I decided to change the name of my business from Lana's Photography to something I hope more professional sounding, Hickory Ridge Studio.

6. What do you love about being part of Mississippi Women Bloggers?

I had been looking for other Mississippi bloggers and was thrilled to finally find them! Everyone seems so nice and friendly and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

7. Who inspires you to blog?

Oh, so many people. I read sooo many, probably too many blogs, and am always inspired by what other people post.

8. If you could pick a favorite blog post from this past year, what would it be?

Probably this post about Scooba, MS, or anything about my daughter. LOL.

9. Do your real life friends know you blog? How do they respond?

I only have one friend that blogs and she lives in Reserve, LA. My friends and family have all been really encouraging about my blogs.

10. What is your blogging routine (if you have one)?

I have enough routine in my life, so I let my blogging happen organically. Some weeks I have multiple posts, sometimes just one or two. My life is pretty hectic right now, who's kidding, it's always hectic so I just do the best I can.

11. We all love social media! Are there any social media links you would like to share so we can follow you?

Oh goodness, I'm on Twitter @cassidyscowgirl, Instagram as lanalpugh, and Facebook as Lana Lancaster Pugh and Hickory Ridge Studio.

12. Name 3 bloggers who have not joined Mississippi Women Bloggers that you would like to see join us!

I don't know any, sorry!

Comments

Popular Posts