Irrigation "Pivots" And Learning To Be A Rebel

 



Sometimes I think my photography education gets in the way.  I'll start to do something and then think, "Real photographers don't do that."

Don't do what?  Use Photoshop?  Use photo editing software?  Didn't I spend semesters learning about toning and how it could help a photo "pop."  Learning how to dodge and burn in the darkroom to improve the dept of sky or bring out the shadows of an image?  Cross processing film to give it a unique color and feel? 

If I wanna add a little color/filter to a digital image is that really any different than toning? 

Maybe I should just be woman enough to say, I'm going to do this and to the devil with what I'm supposed to do.  The greatest artists in history flaunted the rules.  I think I'll be like them.  It's definitely more enjoyable to just do something instead of questioning every step and decision.

I don't usually do New Years Resolutions because it's the same stuff every year.

1.  Loose weight
2.  Exercise more
3.  Ride more
4.  Go to more barrel races
5.  Be more creative
6.  Sew the majority of my own clothes
7.  Do more yoga
8.  Read my Bible more
9.  Read an actual paper book at least a few times a week
10.  Improve my photography skills

That's pretty much it.  But I think I will add one more thing to the list.  Be a Rebel.  Be a rebel when it comes to my art.  Be a rebel when it comes to my life in general, because who wants to be like the rest of the masses? 

I like being unique and different. 

I like being my own person.

I'm going to be a rebel and be more comfortable in my own skin.  Who knows if I'll succeed, but I'm going to give it a darn good shot. 

Starting with applying a filter here and there as I darn well please. 

Have a great day my lovelies and be a rebel in your life today too.

*EDITED:  My husband informed me that the proper term for these agricultural devices is Irrigation Pivots and not Irrigation Rigs.  As always he continues to be quality control in all areas of my life.  Thanks hunny!*

Comments

  1. It's no different at all--photos were being "airbrushed" before there were soft filters. I think the issue is the end result, and the purpose of the picture. If one is trying to create a beautiful photograph that makes people stare at it, no holds barred. If one is documenting a murder scene or creating a passport picture, probably better go with untouched.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts