Make it Mondays - Easy Leaf Necklace


 
 
To round out January's make it Monday posts I thought I would show you a very simple necklace that started out with a dollar store pair of earrings. 
 
inexpensive DIY necklace @ Hickory Ridge Studio
 
 
The supplies you need for this project are:
- Needle nosed pliers
- Round nosed pliers
- Flat nosed pliers (optional)
- Round nosed pliers with silicone tips (optional)
- 18 inches of a small chain
- A pair of leaf design earrings / silver leaf charms
- Glass pearls
- Headpins
- Jump rings
- Toggle clasp
 
 
 
 I found this pair of leaf charm earrings at my local dollar store. I had seen a necklace similar to this on etsy and when I saw the earrings I just had to buy them.
 
 
1.  Remove two of the leaf charms from one of the earrings.  You may be able to save and reuse the jump rings.  Set aside.
 
 
 
 
2.  Cut a length of chain 9 1/2 inches long and attach the leaf charm to it with a jump ring. 




3.  Take you next leaf charm and attach to the bottom of the first charm with another jump ring.

 
 

 3.  Choose a medium sized glass pearl, slide down onto the head pin, and create a loop at the end and attach to the bottom of the second leaf.



 
5.  Cut another piece of chain 8 1/2 inches long and attach to the first leaf charm close to the bottom to create the asymmetrical design.
 
 
6.  Attach the bar end of the toggle clasp to one side of the chain with a jump ring.
 
 
7.  Using a second head pin and a smaller pearl create another pearl with a loop end and attach it and the open end of the toggle clasp to the opposite side of the chain with a jump ring.
 
 
And that's it!  Simple, elegant, and chic.  Not to mention we didn't spend a fortune.
 
 
 
I hope you were able to follow along, this is my first tutorial and the only thing I didn't show was how to make the loop at the top of the head pin after you trim it.  There are tons of tutorials online of how to do that but look at this one HERE if you need help. 
 
I hope you have had a great Monday my lovelies and we'll see you tomorrow!


Comments

Popular Posts