White Pizza with Chicken, Artichoke Hearts, and Red Bell Pepper



I found this recipe earlier in the year and have made it several times. It's easy, it's quick, and works great with left-overs. I made chicken quesadillas Sunday night and had a lot of chicken and peppers left over. I also had artichoke hearts in the pantry (a staple for me) and I always have plain yogurt in the fridge these days too. It's light and I promise really yummy!

White Pizza with Chicken, Artichoke Hearts, and Red Bell Pepper

Ingredients:

Cubed cooked chicken (feel free to use baked, roasted, or purchased rotisserie chicken)

Marinated artichoke hearts (I buy mine in a jar so I can refrigerate what I don't use)

Sautéed Red Bell Pepper (does not have to be red, can be green, yellow, etc.)

Mozzarella cheese

1/3 cup plain yogurt

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

2 minced garlic cloves (I used jarred minced garlic for convenience)

salt/pepper to taste

Pre-prepared pizza crust, tortilla, flatbread, or home made crust (I made a crust for this pizza but I have used tortillas in the past and flat bread. All work great! The tortilla makes a really thin crispy crust.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit

First, prepare your crust if you are making one. I would be glad to show you a couple of different pizza crusts if you like. The only thing I would say with this pizza is don't use a raw pizza crust for this recipe, use something precooked.

Second, mix up your pizza sauce. Mix together your 1/3 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, garlic, salt, and pepper. You will have way more sauce than you need for one pizza, but it refrigerates well.

Third, prepare your pizza. Put a thin layer of sauce on the crust, don't just glob it on. A thin even layer works best. Then add your toppings, chicken, artichoke hearts, and bell pepper. I cut my artichokes into smaller pieces. Lastly sprinkle on mozzarella cheese. Bake in a 400 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly. I like there to be just a little bit of brown to my cheese, but cook to your preference.

Enjoy! I love it with a little salad and a great big glass of unsweet tea. It's simple enough for every day but I think would do great for ballgames or a quick impromptu party. Plus it comes together fast! Easy peasy. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. Let me know if you make this! I cook a la' Justin Wilson, meaning I eyeball just about everything. (Unless I'm baking, then I'm a measuring fool!) So I never know if the recipes I give out turn out for people like they do for me.

Have a great day my lovelies!

 

Comments

Popular Posts