Retired

Retired Railroad Car Hickory Ridge Studio

Turn off Hwy 388 onto King Rd, drive a little bit and you'll find an interesting sight.  An old railcar sitting out in a pasture. 


Retired Railroad Car Hickory Ridge Studio

I have no idea how a railcar came to rest in this rural pasture, but there it is.  There's no railroad anywhere close by that I know about.  I'm sure it was used for storage once upon a time, farmers are a creative lot by and large.  They can take most anything anything and make it usefull. 

 

Retired Railroad Car Hickory Ridge Studio

These were taken earlier in the spring.  That tree is full and green now and the fencerow I was leaning over to take the pictures is gone.  The landowner has cleaned it off and is refencing the pasture.  I guess I'm weird finding beauty in old rusty railcars, but that's just how I am. 

Hope you all have a great weekend my dears!

Comments

Popular Posts