Mississippi History

I love history.  Always have, it was my best subject in school.  I don't know what it is, but I love learning the background, the small stories, on a place and people.  A couple of weeks ago I stumbled over the Flickr account of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.  It's got some great pictures, everything from the Civil Rights Era to the Civil War. 

Rural Ice Trucks 1930

Dick Burney's Rural Delivery Ice Trucks 1930

Downtown Jackson, MS 1914

Downtown Jackson, MS 1914

man and horses hickory ridge studio
 
Undated Man and Horses

Mississippi State Band Hickory Ridge Studio
 
Mississippi State Band

Men and Cotton Hickory Ridge Studio
 
Men and Cotton
 
 
I hope you'll take a look at the website and learn a little more about Mississippi through these wonderful photographs.  Hope you are having a great week my lovelies!
 

Comments

Popular Posts