Foodie Fridays - Easy Homemade Apple Crisp



My husband is not a big dessert person but I know what he'll eat every time, apple crisp.  I love apple pie, but sometimes I just don't feel like fooling with a crust and all that business.  Apple crisp is simply slicing, mixing, and baking.  Serve with a scoop of ice cream and you're all ready!  I've also discovered lately that it's great cold for breakfast with some plain yogurt.  Yumo! What's your favorite apple dessert?  If you make this let me know!  I'd love to know what you think.

Easy Homemade Apple Crisp Hickory Ridge Studio


Easy Homemade Apple Crisp

3 Pounds of a tart baking apple like granny smith
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 Teaspoon cinnamon 
1/2 Cup all purpose flour
1/3 Cup granulated sugar
1/3 Cup rolled oats
4 Tablespoons cold utter sliced into 8 pieces
1/2 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Peel, core, and slice the apples thinly.  Toss in a bowl with the lemon juice to prevent darkening.  In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, and cinnamon; stir into the sliced apples.  Set aside. 

In another bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, and oats.  

Cut the butter into the flour mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs and then stir in the chopped pecans.  Butter an 11x7 baking dish, spread the apples evenly in the dish, and then sprinkle the flour mixture over the top.  

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.  Serve warm or cold.   

Happy weekend my lovelies! 




Comments

Popular Posts