Signs of Spring

Redbud Trees Hickory Ridge Studio


I'm behind.  What can I say?  It's June and here I am finally posting some more spring flower pictures.

Redbud Trees Hickory Ridge Studio


One of the few things I can't wait for every spring is for the redbud trees to bloom.  It's the announcement that winter is gone, spring is here, and Easter isn't too far away.

Redbud Trees Hickory Ridge Studio

Redbud Trees Hickory Ridge Studio

Redbud Trees Hickory Ridge Studio


There are several different varieties but the ones in Mississippi are usually Eastern Redbuds.  Lucky me I have several in my yard.  It is a native tree and Native Americans and early settlers used to eat the flowers and a tonic was made from the bark.

Redbud Trees Hickory Ridge Studio


The flowers are a beautiful deep magenta pink which usually lasts for about two weeks.  The flowers give way to dark green leaves and in the fall they turn a beautiful golden yellow.  It's on of my favorite trees.

I'm weird.  I like trees.

Redbud Trees Hickory Ridge Studio

Redbud Trees Hickory Ridge Studio


Happy Tuesday my lovelies!

Comments

Popular Posts